For those with a passion for motorsports, Hartzel Automotive provides a range of parts and services with the emphasis on the popular Spec Miata racing series. Barry Hartzel brings the experience of his numerous racing championships to all Hartzel Automotive Racing parts and services.
From state of the art Spec Miata transmissions and chassis set up to unmatched training and development Barry Hartzel is the first and last word in Spec Miata racing.
Barry Hartzel, Owner
- 2010 NASA Northern California Spec Miata Champion
- 2003 Winner SCCA Mazda Miata Challenge with CART @ Laguna Seca
- 2002 NASA Spec Miata Challenge Series Champion
- 2002 NASA Northern California Spec Miata Champion
- 2002 SCCA San Francisco Region Mazda Miata Challenge Champion
- 2001 NASA Northern California Spec Miata Champion
- 2000 SCCA San Francisco Region Spec Miata Champion
- 1983-84 Crew chief with Brooks Racing IMSA Camel GTO Thunderbird team
- 1979 Competitor in USAC Mini Indy Super V Series
- Numerous amateur and professional racing championships and lap records dating back to 1974